MMF Pty Ltd
ABN 15 157 031 720
Terms and Conditions of Sale and Entry
Tickets are sold, gifted or allocated by MMF Pty Ltd, ABN 15157031720. Purchase of a ticket constitutes a contract between MMF Pty Ltd (the Organiser), the purchaser and – in the event that the ticket is gifted, allocated or purchased on another’s behalf – the ticket holder. Tickets are sold, gifted or allocated subject to the following terms and conditions of sale and entry, which form part of the contract between MMF Pty Ltd, the purchaser and the ticket holder (referred to as the ‘holder’).
Please be aware that Golden Plains (referred to as the Festival) is subject to a major event ticketing declaration under Part 9A of the Major Events Act 2009. This means it is an offence to sell, advertise or offer to resell a ticket (also referred to as a wristband) for more than 10% above its face value purchase price ($406). Offenders face fines of between $826 and $495,660 depending on the nature of the offence.
If a holder and/or ticket is the subject of a breach of any of our terms and conditions and/or the ticket is damaged or defaced in some way and/or proof of purchase cannot be established and/or contravenes ticket re-sale laws, it and any other ticket from the same order will be made void and holders will be ejected and/or refused entry and/or charged with trespass and/or charged with obtaining financial advantage by deception, or similar. If the holder is unable to attend, please use Aunty’s Ticket Re-sale Service (the only authorised re-sale facility).
Please also be aware that ballot codes to purchase tickets cannot be sold, attempted to be sold or attempted to be transferred for profit or commercial advantage. If this occurs the ballot code and any associated tickets will be voided and the individual will be excluded from future ballots.
Tickets and ballot codes cannot be used as part of any marketing, media, sales promotion or competition, whether commercial or non-commercial, without prior written permission from the Organiser.
The Terms and Conditions of Sale and Entry include the following. Please be aware these apply to all visitors – with and without a valid ticket – to the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre (the venue for the Festival)
1. A change in personal circumstances of the holder does not entitle the return or exchange of the wristband.
2. Wristbands and other expenses will not be refunded in whole or in part under any circumstances including, but not limited to, holders being asked or forced to leave, holders deciding not to attend any portion of the Festival, the possible non-appearance of any particular person or group expected by the holder, whether advertised or not. Holders agree that MMF Pty Ltd, and their agents and servants, are not liable for acts of God, the weather, strikes, protests, or actions taken by government agencies and similar causes beyond the reasonable control of MMF Pty Ltd and understand Wristbands and other expenses will not be refunded in whole or in part in these circumstances. Aspects including but not limited to programming, ticket price and capacity are subject to change at any time without notice. MMF Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Festival for any reason. Any valid refunds will not include the postage fee (once tickets have been posted) or booking fee.
Holders should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at the Festival. Holders may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
3. Lost, stolen, missing or damaged wristbands will not be replaced.
4. Wristbands only provide access to the areas indicated by signage and/or enforced by authorised security and staff at the Festival.
5. Professional audio visual cameras (including, but not limited to, all cameras with a detachable lens) are only permitted with written permission from MMF Pty Ltd. A copy of this written permission must be presented at the time of request by MMF Pty Ltd staff; failure to do so will result in the equipment being cloaked until the end of the Festival. MMF Pty Ltd reserves the right to classify an audio visual device as a professional camera and/or a device used for a professional purpose and, therefore, a banned item. MMF Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove a holder if they are in breach of the requirements regarding audio visual equipment.
6. Wristbands must be worn around the wrist of the holder for the duration of the Festival. Once the holder has arrived at the Festival, the holder’s wristband cannot then be shared or transferred to anyone else. All visitors are required to stop and show their wristband when requested by authorised staff. Once a wristband is removed it becomes void. For security purposes wristbands remain the property of MMF Pty Ltd at all times until the advertised gates closing time of the Festival.
7. The right of admission is reserved and subject to the discretion of MMF Pty Ltd. Entry to the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre is only permitted to holders who agree to have their person, vehicle and belongings searched for glass, gas bottles and other banned items. Banned items are confiscated and not returned.
8. Entry to the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre is only permitted to holders who agree to the terms and conditions and the Festival policies. The Festival policies include, but are not limited to, the trespasser policy, no dickhead policy, amphitheatre furniture policy, kids/all ages, campsite noise and nuisance policy, what to bring, banned items and gates times. MMF Pty Ltd reserves the right to evict/refuse entry to any person who does not comply with the terms and conditions and/or does not comply with the Festival policies and/or is involved in an illegal activity and/or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the Festival for others.
The terms and conditions that apply to any particular transaction will be the published terms and conditions at the time the transaction was finalised. Subject to the preceding sentence, MMF Pty Ltd may alter or change the terms and conditions as they appear on our website from time to time, effective immediately upon posting to the website. The holder should periodically check the terms and conditions at: aunty.goldenplains.com.au.
The Festival is licensed under the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation and includes Bring Your Own (BYO). BYO refers to a consumable amount of provisions and does not include commercial quantities, whether intended for sale or offered free of charge.
Before driving, ticket holders are invited to take a free breath test on the final Festival day. If a blood alcohol content over .00 is registered, it is important to get a second breath test from a different location. Breath test readings can vary, so holders should only drive if they determine themselves to be well below the legal limit, and fit and able. MMF Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for breath testing or any accident, injury or damage arising from traveling to or from the Festival, or at anytime on-site.
9. The Every Thing page of the Festival website is essential reading before attending. For information regarding personal safety, getting to the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre, and guidelines about what to bring (and what not to bring) please see aunty.goldenplains.com.au.
10. MMF Pty Ltd has the right to use any photos, film or other recordings taken of people or things whilst attending the Festival for presentation and promotional or other MMF Pty Ltd purposes in perpetuity. The holder agrees not to transmit or aid in transmitting any description, account, picture or reproduction of the Festival.
11. Transport to and from the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre will be operated by independent/private parties. Any claims including but not limited to accident, injury and damage resulting from transport should be directed to the third party. Holders agree MMF Pty Ltd is not liable for the consequences of any lengthy delays at any time including but not limited to entry to and departure from the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre.
12. Some of the artists appearing may use lyrics, language, gestures, symbols, images, video footage and/or video transmission whilst performing that some people may find offensive. If such language or behaviour may concern the holder, or a minor accompanying the holder, they should either not attend, or leave the vicinity. Some participants may engage in expressive activity and dress, which may include partial nudity or nudity; please avoid the Amphitheatre during this time if such activity may concern the holder.
13. Children under 12 are free, but must wear an “I’m Under 12” wristband, issued at Reception upon entry. Everyone else needs a ticket to gain entry. Persons under 18 must be accompanied by a Legal Guardian at all times. There are no concessions or discounts. If the holder attends the Festival with a minor, the holder agrees to the contractual terms contained in these terms and conditions and the Festival policies on behalf of the minor. Anyone found supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre and may face criminal charges.
14. MMF Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property, equipment and vehicles before, during or after the Festival. All vehicles, trailers, campers etc. must be registered with VicRoads (or equivalent) and roadworthy.
15. If the holder has a viral or bacterial illness they should stay at home to keep from infecting others.
16. Holders understand they must bring enough shelter to survive the duration of their stay at the Festival.
17. Holders acknowledge that they are physically able to participate in events and associated activities at the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre, and that they have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.
18. Holders acknowledge that participating in the Festival has inherent dangers and risks, including a risk of serious injury or even death. In the event of injury or illness MMF Pty Ltd may, at the cost of the holder, arrange medical treatment and/or emergency evacuation as deemed essential for the safety of the holder. MMF Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any injury, claim or damages resulting from any medical treatment on-site. Medical treatment is provided by a third party who are a separate legal entity. Any claims resulting from medical treatment, policing or security on-site should be directed to the third party. Holders consent to medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during any program, event or activity at the Festival.
In the case of a major incident, emergency or serious injury, holders must follow all official directives of Emergency Services, MMF Pty Ltd and their authorised agents and staff.
19. Entry is at the holder’s own risk. Without limiting the generality of this, appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn at all times whilst on-site and ear plugs should be worn if necessary. MMF Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for any hearing damage or loss caused by excessive noise. MMF Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for damage or loss caused by theatrical effects like smoke or strobe lighting. Holders understand that theme camps and campsite parties are not owned or operated by MMF Pty Ltd. The holder assumes all risk of injury or death arising from the operation of and/or participation in any of these activities.
20. Swimming in the dams or elsewhere is not permitted.
21. The Tobacco Act 1987 bans smoking within 10m of a food vendor. Please do not smoke within 10m of food vendors and in any other smoke free zone.
22. Commercial, promotional, fundraising, campaigning and trading activities, including private events, are not permitted at the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre without the express prior written permission of MMF Pty Ltd.
23. MMF Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for goods or services purchased from/provided by third party traders.
24. All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars and include local taxes (GST). Credit card statements for purchases made via the Supernatural Ticket Centre will itemise a purchase as a charge from “MMF Pty Ltd”. Our goods and services come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. Those consumer guarantees apply in addition to any other express warranties provided under this agreement. The purchaser is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
25. The images, text, logos and artwork contained within the Festival websites are the copyright of MMF Pty Ltd and/or the relevant licensors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorised use by way of copying, storage, reproduction, publishing electronically or otherwise transmitting in any form or by any means in whole or in part is prohibited. The Meredith Music Festival logo and Golden Plains logo are registered trademarks.
26. In order to purchase a ticket, MMF Pty Ltd may need to collect and keep personal information about the purchaser/holder, including the purchaser’s/holder’s name, address, credit card or payment details and telephone number. MMF Pty Ltd may also need to disclose the purchaser’s/holder’s personal information/data as required by law, or as permitted under the Privacy Act, or when determined as reasonably necessary to review, maintain or improve functions, activities or services relating to the design or delivery of the Festival.
27. Purchasers and holders accept that the internet, temporary mobile phone towers and other utilities including, but not limited to, power, gas and water are not always reliable and that system outages and interruptions may occur. Holders are not permitted to plug, tap or draw into or from these services without prior written permission from MMF Pty Ltd.
28. Holders are not entitled to collect, use, store or disclose any data/samples/information of any kind, including but not limited to surveys and interviews, without the express prior written consent from MMF Pty Ltd. A copy of this written permission must be presented at the time of request by MMF Pty Ltd staff or representatives. MMF Pty Ltd reserve the right to remove a holder if they are in breach of these requirements.
29. To the full extent permitted by law, holders waive all legal rights of action (on behalf of themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns) against and fully release MMF Pty Ltd, its agents, employees, members and volunteers for all claims for compensation for loss, damage, injury (including, but not limited to, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, sickness, disease), molestation (including, but not limited to, assault, interference, bullying, abuse) or death howsoever arising out of or in relation to the holder’s participation in the Festival. This includes, without limitation, liability for any negligent or tortious act or omission on the part of the persons released, or under statute or for breach of these terms and conditions.
WARNING: If the holder participates in these activities, the holder’s rights to sue the supplier under the Fair Trading Act 1999 if the holder is killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill, or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in or on this notice.
NOTE: The change to the holder’s rights, as set out in or on this notice, does not apply if the holder’s death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. “Gross negligence” is defined in the Fair Trading (Recreational Services) Regulations 2004.
For enquiries, feedback or complaints, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.